Science of Wellbeing
Informed by principles of psychology, neuroscience and high performance sport coaching, this workshop is designed to bring about powerful and effective change for individuals, teams and organisations by enhancing awareness of internal state and building skills to promote resilience and wellbeing.
Science demonstrates a clear link between wellbeing and engagement, creativity, adaptability and performance. Our evidence based training supports individuals, teams and organisations to develop skills and habits to promote resilience and manage competing priorities and the demands of our quickly evolving world.
This training will summarise the science of wellbeing and what best practice is for you and others in your life. Looking at the latest research and the models of wellbeing, you will be able to develop a foundation to enhance your own wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around you.
Creating habits of wellbeing and developing a mindset that allows you to build self-compassion will allow you to be the best version of yourself. Most importantly, it will help you develop tools to manage the uncertainty of today’s world.
- Develop an understanding of the neuroscience of wellbeing.
- Increase awareness of the internal and external factors that contribute to your stress and sense of being overwhelmed.
- Develop strategies to embed effective habits into your daily life.
- Develop a simple and practical resilience plan for sustainable change.
- Keynotes presentations for events and executive forums.
A Journey Toward a Growth Mindset( 2-3 hour interactive workshop).
- Our approach begins by building a common understanding and language of fixed and growth mindset that creates a positive meaning by recognising and embracing the fixed mindset in all of us. It’s not about telling people to have a growth mindset – we all have aspects of our life where exhibit a growth mindset and we all have aspects where we exhibit a fixed mindset. Through self reflection about our beliefs toward our abilities and talents we begin to discover those unproductive thoughts and habits that constrain our growth.
- Mindset and Me uses tools and approaches that we have pioneered through the work of the Growth Mindset Institute in collaboration with Professor Dweck and her research partners at Stanford University. At is core is understanding your fixed mindset triggers by completing our unique and validated mindset assessment.
- We then give people the tools to reflect and develop a strategic mindset by building a set of research-based techniques to manage their fixed mindset triggers. Space is necessary to practice and question your assumptions before taking the next step in your journey.
Mindset and Me – Journey Toward a Growth Mindset.
- Mindset and Me is 7 step process that is deeply personal, experiential and most importantly scalable.
Growth Mindset and Agile Teams.
- Work through an evidence-based toolbox to choose productive strategies to manage your unique fixed mindset triggers combination.
- Learn how the groups of triggers work and interact with one another. Two moderate triggers intersecting can create a stronger trigger.
- Debrief Team Triggers report and where they lie in the circle of concern.
- Discuss different mindset initiatives and what is necessary for the team to start to work on.
- Explore Team Routines for growth mindset culture.
- Build a social contract within the team to support each person in managing their fixed mindset triggers, build in accountability for learning and growth and to balance this with performance demands.
Leading with a Growth Mindset (half or full day interactive workshop for leaders)
- Supporting leaders to develop an understanding of Growth Mindset culture and support their team members to flourish.
We recommend people start with “Journey Toward a Growth Mindset” as a precursor to other workshops.
We are the only New Zealand Team accredited as partners of the Growth Mindset Institute, global leaders in online mindset assessment.
The Growth Mindset profiler is the first validated mindset assessment developed by the Institute in partnership with Prof Carol Dweck, Dr Mary Murphy and Dr Katie Muenks.
GMI’s Mindset Profiler has been designed to assist organisations to learn what elements within the culture are displaying fixed mindsets. The profiler also assists leaders and teams to gain insights into what “triggers” them to have a fixed response. Every journey towards a more persistent growth mindset starts with an awareness of fixed mindset thoughts and behaviours.
The Mindset Profiler assesses the degree to which one responds to the eight common fixed mindset triggers.
Each of the eight scales have been rigorously designed and have a high degree of reliability. Normative values were established through testing 2,243 employees and 1,061 managers. The final validation study was with 5000 people.
HIgh performing teams
Building a high performing team requires more than just pulling together a group of talented people with the right attributes and skills. It requires intentional development and deliberate nurturing of key characteristics, behaviours and best practices.
The key to building and maintaining a resilient and high-performing team is the culture we create. And the key to a strong workplace culture is a shared sense of purpose, a common why.
Science informs us that when we invest in developing a safe environment, this continues to higher employee engagement, productivity and enhanced wellbeing.
The key ingredients to a high functioning team are psychological safety, high trust and dependability, clear structure and clarity of plans and goals, personal meaning derived from work and having a positive impact on the world.
- Understand the key drivers of high performing teams and why some teams consistently perform at a high level, whilst others with similar resources and talent may fail.
- Learn how to create psychological safety and vulnerability within your team.
- Understand the importance of, and develop tools to build a strong sense of belonging between team members.
- Learn to build a sustainable culture to enable your team to perform.
Balance & Resilience
Resilience is defined as the capacity to manage challenge and thrive in the face of adversity. In the absence of resilience we are not able to achieve sustained happiness or wellbeing.
Balance is not something we can get; it’s a state of mind. It’s the realisation that life is not stable but in constant motion. Learn simple steps to maximise your time and energy to be at your best.
- Build inner psychological resources and strengths to learn to change your brain for the better.
- Learn how to maximise your time and energy to perform at your best.
- Understand key interventions to enhance your psychological resources.
Enhance your organisational performance, increase engagement and develop a culture of trust by learning the neuroscience behind effective leadership behaviours. Our leadership training will equip you with the essential tools to adopt a strength based leadership style, characterised by trust and unpinned by science.
This workshop is designed to understand what it takes to embed exceptional organisational performance, increase engagement and develop a culture of trust by learning the neuroscience behind effective leadership behaviours.
- Develop leadership self-awareness and enhance social and emotional intelligence to support you to more effectively perform with pressure.
- Understand the neuroscience of fear as an obstacle to effective leadership and support others to step into challenge.
- Understand mindset and encourage a culture of movement from fixed to growth.
- Learn to respond rather than react in high pressure situations.
- Harness neuroscience to embed sustainable behaviour through deliberate practice.
At its heart, self-care is anything you do to take care of yourself so you can stay physically, mentally, and emotionally well. But it looks different for all of us, so it’s important to identify what it is that helps you fill your cup.
This workshop will explore the core foundations of wellbeing and focus on our six key pillars of wellness.
- You will learn the key habits and routines to make lasting change.
- Understand small, incremental mindset and behaviour shifts to enhance self care and wellbeing.
- Establish an individualised plan based on small manageable actions to embed sustainable routines and habits.
Too busy to think?
We have the conscious capacity to choose where our attention goes. Our ability to stay focused and on task is challenged with an abundance of life’s distractions. C
onstant distraction contributes to stress and pressure in life domains and consequently we disengage from what is important. Being able to stay on task and in the moment is a skill that allows the top performers to consistently perform on the world stage.
- Develop tools to manage internal and external distractions.
- Learn how take control of your attention, develop effective habits and put strategies in place to manage internal and external triggers driving your distractibility.
- Develop an essential toolkit to learn how to stay focused in a world filled with noise and distractions, manage pressure and stress.
- Learn effective strategies and develop practical tools to help you manage your triggers, direct your attention and implement the changes needed to become the most effective version of yourself.